Do you have a strong analytical profile? You are a good negotiator, have great interpersonal skills and are results-oriented? You have a strong financial background? You are organized and focused?
This role may be just for you!
Reporting to the CFO, the Margin Revenue Analyst is a key member of the Finance team. He ensures all possible revenues streams are identified and maximized and analyzes and drives to recoup commercial-related charges to the Company from suppliers with the objective of protecting the Company’s revenues/profitability.
- Ensure that all trade investments are identified, analyzed and charged back to suppliers in a timely manner in accordance with the transactional model; Promotional activities, merchandising activities, listing fees, specific inside trade programs, sales incentives, etc.
- Ensure that all marketing investments are identified, analyzed and charged back to the suppliers in a timely manner in accordance with the transactional model; Samples & free goods, marketing agencies, medias, magazines, couponing, demos, etc.
- Ensure that all other marketing and promotional expenses are charged back to the suppliers in a timely manner in accordance to the transactional model; GS1, Retailer’s portal access, recycling charges, admin fees, programs, margin rec, display building, product conditioning, liquidation, etc.
- Ensure that all justifiable customer’s deduction/charges are managed, and are charged back to suppliers in a timely manner; Non-compliance charges, fill rate fines, recall costs and fees, pricing audits, etc.
- Ensure that all mixed suppliers-related non-compliance charges are charged back with the proper backup documentation; lots, damaged goods, demurrage, infested products, product destruction, etc.
- Develop policy manual of potential charges to suppliers for any and all additional work done on behalf of suppliers in operations/marketing/sales, etc. that are not currently provided for in suppliers contracts
- Review and challenge the validity of chargeback expenses identified by Brand Manager as “no chargeback”
- Identify and follow up with the Deductions Analyst all retailer deductions (promos, post-audits, etc.) to be charged back to the supplier
- Work in collaboration with warehouse operations to identify and follow up transport damages/late appointments/missing POD, etc, improper supplier labels/damages/dating/mixed lot codes to charged back to the supplier
- Ensure that the whole cycle-all revenue is identified, debit note created, booked in accounting and charged back - is complete
- Control and report on individual brand’s KPIs such as; sales, gross margin, net margins, advertising expenses, inventory, liquidation, etc. through a Financial Review process held every two months
PROFILE & COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical skills, focused on problem solving and results-oriented while working with tight deadlines
- Excellent negotiator with strong interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English and French
- Ability to learn and quickly use new technologies and software
- SAP ERP experience an asset
- Professional attitude that builds and maintains relationships with suppliers, customers, and other departments within the company
- Autonomy and ability to work with different teams
- CPG experience a definite asset